Saturday 10 January 2015

"My dear friend, clear your mind of can't. "

After a stressful late last evening and even more stressful morning due to the last minute, unexpected changes to my lessons schedules for today and the coming week, today actually turned out to be wonderful :)

Sunny afternoon! Emma on Ted during their lesson today. First time over trot poles for this pair as Emma learns schooling process of a green, young horse (and giving Ted loads of hugs ;) If you missed Emma and Ted the hugging horse video I made just before Christmas, see below




When I first started freelancing in my 20s I would get very easily thrown if my intricate and rather precarious organisation didn't work as planned but although it still affects me, I have much more philosophical approach to it all.
As for many self-employed people, the uncertainty and constant question marks are taking its toll on me but I suppose there is always a price to pay for a chosen lifestyle.


My dear friend, clear your mind of can't. [Samuel Johnson] -
says today's quote of the day in a widget on this blog. I like it. Many times "I can't" is just our own excuse and simply means "I can't be bothered to figure out how".

After an early morning of driving rain and hauling wind as I waited for Caitlin to groom Tilly, the sun came out and we had an awesome first jumping session. I am very proud of this young rider. My jumping teaching focuses on balance and feel for the jumping horse first which is why Caitlin is on the lunge and has no reins. 

Day off teaching tomorrow with some admin and relaxation to catch up with - have a great weekend!
Share:

No comments

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig