Wednesday 24 February 2010

Kingsley Today And Real Life vs Blogging

Thank you for the supportive comments to the last post. Kingsley did not rear today; I rode him quite aggressively forwards all the time. He did attempt to balk/nap/hop up though and I wasn't pleased with that. However, he was easy to move on with a tap with a whip (he wears exercise sheet so every time I tapped him it made additional noise which made it even easier to get his attention).
So that's good. The less positive thing is, he really feels worse in general. Admittedly I had to rush him a bit out of his comfort speed but he felt really difficult to keep straight. Few times that he trotted felt like tolt and it seems that the more he works the worse he gets (and we are only up to 35min of work in walk really, the trot is just transitions, no more than several steps).
I wish I could just take him hacking as soon as possible but now that we have rearing to deal with I am no longer convinced it's such a good idea!

He is moving yards on Sunday and we will be looking at having the physio and vet as soon as possible for reassessment. Someone advised to just go for a full body scan and it's probably best we can do really. If he continues to get worse he will be booked for the scan.

REAL LIFE vs BLOGGING

To all fellow blog writers - have you ever found yourself in a strange situation caused by your blog writing?
Something happened today that I would like to write about. I am not sure how to discuss this subject as it's a bit of a soap opera/unnecessary drama one which I really can't be bothered with but in the same time it saddens me someone would go such way to create problems.
Someone sent me a txt late last night saying that she was told I had written something about people at one of the yards I work at. She said she was told by someone else that I'd written about some people at that yard "bitching" about other people at the yard.
As you can see, it almost already seem like an opening of an unnecessary drama. All of you who read this blog regularly will know I barely ever discuss people I work with on here. With very few exceptions, neither do I mention the names of the yards.
In fact, a year ago I wrote a post about a very unpleasant training session which taught me a very good lesson. Someone told me that trainer I wrote about was informed about my post and it all became unnecessarily poisonous. I subsequently deleted that post and decided not to write ever again while I am angry or irrationally annoyed.
This time I was truly quite shocked as 1) I haven't discussed anyone from that yard on this blog 2) I haven't written any post of that nature.

I spoke to the person who informed me about it in the first place but she would not tell me who is spreading this lie or why. Apparently it is someone who doesn't even work with me or know me which is just plain weird.
As there are no posts discussing any members of staff I can only guess someone read the quote I put on the 9th Feb and added their own story to it.
The quote was from a book I received as a birthday present that week. In the same week, I read an interesting article in Your Horse Magazine about the issue of 'bitching' on the yards and I thought the quote was worth sharing.
Here it is again if you haven't seen it:

Have you ever heard about 'spontaneous trait transference'?
When you gossip about another person, listeners unconsciously associate you with the characteristics you are describing, ultimately leading to those characteristics being 'transferred' to you. So, say positive and pleasant things about friends and colleagues and you are seen as a nice person. In contrast, constantly bitch about their failings and people will unconsciously apply the negative traits and incompetence to you. Source: Richard Wiseman '59 seconds'

Interesting isn't it? I think the world would be a much nicer place to live in if more people made use of the positive side of gossiping.

It puzzles me as to what benefits someone might get from making up my non-existent posts. I write this blog as little diary about a life. I enjoy sharing my experiences and I don't intend to create any dramas or soap operas. I totally acknowledge it might be boring and ordinary to read but I would really appreciate if people didn't feel the need to spice it up.

Have you ever had a bit of a Real Life "problem" with what you write or NOT write online?

Share:

5 comments

English Rider said...

Another blog I follow (Watercats) has just had a very similar encroachment on her blog. There will always be folk who have such little lives and such meagre spirits that they must try to diminish others. If they were creative, motivated or had a thought worth sharing they would have their own blogs. It's hard to shake off, but not worth dwelling on.

Anonymous said...

Some people lead very small petty lives. Please don't put off by this.
As always I thoroughly enjoy your updates.
Fingers xed for Kingsley that things start to look up for him.

Unknown said...

Many Thanks. Thankfully all explained itself thanks to someone's call so I only hope the person who made all this fuss doesn't do it again.

Anonymous said...

Debi here...I was quite put off that someone had the unmitigated gall to attack you at any level whatsoever!! The fact that you are so gracious as to share your daily life with so many, and we do learn from reading others posts! As an example I have this large pony mare who loves to jump but was dicey/unsoundish whenever we let her. Read a blog where they discussed another issue, had a simple fix, tried it and my girl is now happily and soundly jumping (at least when the snow goes ;() Any way. I am glad it was resolved, hope she(?) does penance for the distress caused to someone I care about!!

Unknown said...

Ah thank you Debi. It was hopefully an isolated incident.

© Riding Instructor's Diary | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig